14 December 2008

Kinder Bueno

To my surprise yesterday turned out to be quite the interesting day. It started out normal with every intention of being super productive: laundry, pay the phone bill, grade my math tests, grade other papers etc... the list stopped at paying the phone bill. I spent my morning in town with Kelsey talking and spending some time with her running errands for last minutes Christmas gifts etc... I now have all my gifts bought I will just need to wrap them when I come home.

Then when I returned home I had 4 missed calls on my cell phone and a phone that kept ringing. So no less than 5 minutes after I walked in the door I walked back out the door to head to Santiago. I don't know if I've every done anything quite so spontaneous since ever...since I didn't haven't ask my parents if I could go. I just left. If you know me you also know that I'm not really one for just leaving and going places without any agenda. So off I went with Natalie, Karyn, and Christy down the mountian (Christy did an EXCELLENT job driving).

Our adventure began at McDonalds...yes, McD's. My first American fast food in 4 months. I greatly enjoyed my chicken nuggets w/ BBQ sauce. Then it was off to La Serena for some over stimulization of consumerisum to help us get ready for the US in 6 days. While there I managed to buy a mug for myself since our house has 1 good mug and 2 travel mugs. I also purchased UNO for my kiddos (our class copy got stolen)...they should be very happy on Monday. I also purchased the most wonderful candy bar of all the Kinder Bueno...the Italians know how to make a "melt in your mouth hazelnut/chocolate delicous goodness candy bar".

After La Serena there was a Nutella filled churro experience, que bueno [again with the hazelnut and chocolate]. Then we quested to Jumbo/the Mall. Jumbo = Wal-mart sort of; I will need to go back at some other point because we didn't not have a super long time. The ulitmate reason of going to the mall was the movie theater. We went to watch the new James Bond film...we were 4 of 12 in the whole theater it was awesome.

And then finally we went and enjoyed wonderful sushi at this adorable sushi restuarant hidden on a side street. It was amazing...I get to have the left overs for lunch today.

And back we came. Right now that pile of grade is taunting me with being incomplete so I must retire and finish the pile.

6 days and 12 hours!

No comments: